September 16, 2011

re-living middle school.

Sounds exciting, right?

Or not.

And no, I will not be posting about crushes on boys with super spiky hair, failing tests, or girls who laughed and whispered when you walked by. No. That's history. Either that, or another post to save to later...

I will be talking about two assignment my language arts (English) teachers assigned when I was in 7th and 8th grade. They were meant to be one of those get-to-know-you assignments, but I somehow got the papers back and am glad I kept them. In fact, they inspired me to start a Favorite Things journal a few years ago (I add my favorite song, TV show, baby names, etc. every year). And seeing as school is quickly approaching (seriously, why must summer end?), I figured it would fun to compare and update my About Me assignment. So here goes.

And please, don't judge my middle school self. I was a self-conscious dork and still am.

Favorite TV Show:
Middle School: 7th Heaven
Now: Bones

Favorite Actor/Actress:
Middle School: Beverley Mitchell (Lucy of 7th Heaven)
Now: Jennifer Garner or the Deschanel sisters

Favorite Musician:
Middle School: Stacie Orrico
Now: Jason Mraz or Colbie Caillat

Favorite Author:
Middle School: Ann Brashares (Yes, I was a Traveling Pants girl)
Now: Melody Carlson

Favorite Time of Day:
Middle School: nighttime (in retrospect, it was probably because I was allowed to stay up later at the time)
Now: morning all the way.

Favorite Movie:
Middle School: The Prince and Me or National Treasure
Now: Indiana Jones

Okay, so there you have it. And now you realize that I've been indecisive my entire life.

And I'd love to hear about some of your past and present favorites!

No seriously, I find that stuff super interesting (in the least non-creeper way possible).

No comments

Post a Comment

© IN ITS TIMEMaira Gall