October 13, 2011

real time life update.

It's the beginning of midterm weeks, ya'll. Yes, I said weeks (although you're probably more surprised that I said ya'll. Just finding my inner Paula Deen. That's all).

Anyway, I just wanted to share one of my many awkward situations today. Why, don't ask. It's probably because I've encountered way more than my share since school started.

                                                                                                             Source: tigerlungs.tumblr.com via Erin on Pinterest


So a little background first. I've been kind of half-living in the library in between classes. Which means yes, I sometimes use the bathrooms there. Gasp, I know. I'm talking about the room where bodily functions take place--which FYI, is a topic I'll probably never write about on here again. But with my luck, I've probably just jinxed myself.

Anyway, I walked into the bathroom and as I was walking in I heard a voice and saw someone out of the corner of my eye. When I locked the stall door, I heard the voice again. But it was only one voice. And that's when it clicked. She was talking on her phone. In the public bathroom. So what am I supposed to do? I mean, this is the bathroom. Do I continue with my business hoping she'll hang up or do I just stand there in the stall, waiting for her to leave before I pee?

Let's just pause with that mental picture, okay?

Fortunately, the situation was much less awkward when another person entered the bathroom literally five seconds after I locked my stall door. Which made it less awkward because I wasn't the only one minding my own business.

Can we have a collective sigh of relief?

I should mention that this has actually happened to me before. In a mall bathroom. Just call me the Queen-of-Awkwardness. The woman was actually talking on her cell phone inside the stall, so I just did my business as quickly as possible. Because then we would never know who the other person was and so the person on the other end didn't have hear that in the background of their conversation.

Okay, that was probably way too much information. But I survived, you survived reading it, and we all can just be glad it's almost Friday, right?

No comments

Post a Comment

© IN ITS TIMEMaira Gall