November 13, 2012

the nerves are kicking in.

practicing
instagramming at paintchipmadness

By the time you read this, I'll be anxiously awaiting teaching, actually teaching, or just finished teaching my first and only solo week.

I know, I know. When you first started reading that sentence you probably thought I was going to be stranded on some island dying from a lack of internet or something, right?

Okay, moving on.

Anyway, in an effort of being real + and super teacher-y, I just wanted to say that I'm super scared and nervous about my solo teaching this week. It honestly scares me.

I know, I know. I've taken Child Development courses in high school, babysit, teach Sunday School, and have been around preschoolers for a good chunk of my life.

And yet, I'm as nervous as ever to teach. It might be the grade thing, or the fact that I'm doing it by myself. Or maybe the fact that I'm not sure how it'll go?

It's mostly the grade thing, to be honest. I mean, how fun is it to be graded on anything? Especially when you have no idea what the reaction will be like from the kids as you're teaching them about their five senses.

So yes, we shall see how it goes. I'll let you know by Friday if I'm still alive or if I'm stranded on a deserted island searching for internet. Not water, not food, not rescue. Just internet.

p.s. If you're confused as to what a solo week is, it just means that I'm the lead teacher for the entire week (as opposed to co-teaching with another student teacher). 

4 comments

  1. You go girl! I know it'll be great for you. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I really needed those words of encouragement and I'll definitely need (and I'll gladly take!) all the luck I can get. :)

      Delete
  2. i am sure you're doing an amazing job! your preschoolers are blessed to have you as their teacher :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It really means a lot that you're reading and taking a moment of your day to encourage me. I feel so ready for tomorrow now!

      Delete

© IN ITS TIMEMaira Gall