January 7, 2013

every term.

At the beginning of every term, I start to feel overwhelmed.

I start to over-think, over-worry, and over-overwhelm myself with all of the things that could possibly go wrong with my new set of classes. Some might call it anxiety, I call it the new school jitters. And yes, I am graduating college this spring and I still get the jitters.

But just as I was about to take a shower earlier tonight, I pushed the button on the radio and heard this song (again) and more importantly, these lyrics:


You make all things work together for my good.


There may be pain in the night, but joy comes in the morning.


And when the oceans rage, I don't have to be afraid. Because I know that You love me,
and Your love never fails.


The whole time I was listening and singing along, I could only think about God's amazing timing. He placed that song in my heart and mind right when I needed it most.

If there's anything I've learned about God, it's that He has the most amazing timing. He knows exactly what I need in my life, when I need it, and how much I need it. At that moment, I needed a lot of comfort, reassurance, and someone to just tell me to stop and breathe.

I needed someone to tell me to stop worrying about what could happen and that I need to simply live. I needed Him to remind me that worrying about grades won't do anyone any good. I needed someone to remind me that this is my last term of college and I need to make the most of it. I need to live it for Him. Not in fear, but in boldness.

So now I'm sitting behind my laptop in my pajamas, with the Notre Dame and Alabama football game in the background, listening to Chris Quilala, and telling you that I am no longer afraid.

I am ready for this term. And only because I know that He loves me and He's right beside, in front of me, and behind me 24/7.


"And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose." Romans 8:28

4 comments

  1. love this post. so needed to read these truths tonite. i love your heart!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for commenting! Sometimes I overthink my blogging and think that no one will relate to what I write. So thank you so very much for the encouragement! I'm so glad I found your blog!

      Delete
  2. This post is "perfect timing" for me because I'll start classes again next week and am having jitters too! This semester is going to be a rough one, but if I remember God works for the good in my life, then I don't have to worry! I'm ready to take it on with Him by my side :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad this was perfect timing for you, too. I'm glad I'm not the only one with a case of the jitters. :)

      Remembering that He's always with me definitely helped me go to sleep last night, too!

      Delete

© IN ITS TIMEMaira Gall