February 15, 2013

my uneventful love day.

cookies
and yes, you really do rock.
If you asked me how I spent my Valentine's Day, I would tell you it was pretty uneventful, but sweet (and not just because of all the cookies and candy consumed over here). I would also apologize because I somehow managed to live a whole day without taking any photos (blogger fail).

heart
But back to the sweet stuff. My mama is the sweetest and most generous lady on the planet (I will fight you over this title if you think your mama is better than mine). I mentioned that we still get stockings for Christmas but I don't think I've told you that she also gives us Valentine's Day presents as well. And this year's gift? A little bit of cash. Pretty much the best gift ever for a currently unemployed college student like me. Oh, and she also made those cookies (my sister's holiday faves--you don't have to tell me how many preservatives are in those) and some candy as well. I just love that lady. Did I mention she also bakes the family cookies on a weekly basis? Yeah, we have it good over here. Even if we have to hike/run/chase after children a lot to fit into our jeans...

Thursdays are ballroom dancing days, so I made sure to wear some nicer clothes yesterday. Sweats are not an option, even if that means I pack a pair of jeans in my twenty-pound backpack because I also have that PE class for teachers (running and doing sit-ups and push-ups in jeans is uncomfortable, friends). I would also tell you that I know I'm superficial and like to look presentable. But we started learning swing dancing--and boy, is it fun! So much so that I cannot wait to go back next week.

If you asked me about my Valentine's Day festivities, I would also mention the fact that the sun was shining the ENTIRE day. And yes, a dry and sunny February day in the Pacific Northwest deserves capital letters.

cards
Despite all of the red roses and romance around me, I had a good single girl's day (no tears over here!) and spent the evening babysitting some of the cutest kids in town. And I managed to go home with some homemade Valentine's, too. That pretty much made my day.

So yeah. That about sums up my uneventful yet super sweet Valentine's Day. Who knew it would turn into such a lengthy post? Okay, so maybe I saw that one coming. #sorrynotsorry

How was your love day, friend?

10 comments

  1. Swing dance?? I am so jealous! I've wanted to learn to swing dance forever! I've done a lot of English country dances, but whereas that's loads of fun...I'm more of a swing kinda girl personally. Sounds like it was a fun day yesterday! I worked then swung by my sister's house to pick up a niece and nephling (so the parents could have some time just the two of them) and then spent the evening chillaxin' with those two little tykes who basically are my little Valentine's every day. It was a really good day - despite a small emotional melt-down mid-day that actually had nothing to do with Valentine's! But being a somewhat emotional persona...melt-downs aren't foreign around here. I have the gift of tears! I'm sure that a spiritual gift mentioned in the Bible somewhere... ;) Hehe, but it was still a lovely, lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Swing dancing has been so much fun and I can't wait to learn more next week! I think the guys in the class are enjoying it a lot more than ballroom dancing (i.e. foxtrot and waltz).

      Sounds like you hung out with some of the cutest valentines ever! And kids are definitely valentines every day!

      So sorry to hear about the meltdown, girl! I definitely have my emotional days, so I know how you feel. I'm going to have to track down that verse on the gift of tears, too! :)

      Delete
  2. your mom is the sweetest, and this sounds like an amazing love day to me! you are loved :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She really is. And it really was a lovely albeit uneventful Valentine's Day. Yours sounded lovely, too! :)

      Delete
  3. love the cookies and pictures. things like that are best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i wish i was confident enough to swing dance!! ha! I'm getting there though fo'sho. :)
    I love that your mom gives you valentines day presents, that is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could definitely do it--one thing I love about the class I'm taking is that everyone is at the same level so there's no judging going on. Definitely helpful for a klutz like me!

      And yes, she definitely is sweet. :)

      Delete
  5. What a precious mom you have! I love that she does all of that for you guys! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is definitely a wonderful example and role model! And she's definitely the best. :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

© IN ITS TIMEMaira Gall