March 3, 2013

prayer chain.

pray

When Amy mentioned that she was going to start a Prayer Chain with her friend Melissa, I knew that I wanted in on this party. Even if that meant inviting myself to it. 

That was a great way to introduce myself, right?

Anyway, this past month has opened up so many relationships with fellow bloggers--especially Jesus-loving ones! And because I love to make new friends, I knew this link-up would be a wonderful chance to do just that. Oh, and it would also be a great chance to pray for others, too.

So if you're visiting this little blog of mine, please, please, please let me know you're here! I would love and be honored to pray for you this week. 


So without further ado, here are a few praises from my week:
  • Making new blog friends. I write about them a lot on my blog and it's mostly because I really love meeting people and discovering similarities with those who live tens or thousands of miles away.
  • Receiving hugs and little greetings (aka squeals of "Teacher Kiki, Teacher Kiki!") when I arrived at preschool this week. Best. Feeling. Ever.

And a few prayer requests for the week, too:
  • Remembering that my blog is for His glory, not mine. My blog has jumped in numbers recently (which makes me super pumped that you're here!) but in this time of change, I don't want to forget who I'm really blogging for.
  • Preparing for my future. As my graduation date get closer, my mind and worries are getting bigger. My future is pretty much unknown at this point (isn't everyone's?) so it would be wonderful to have some extra prayer when it comes to giving my worries and cares to Him.

And a HUGE thank you to both Amy and Melissa for creating this link-up party--it is such an amazing opportunity that I feel honored to participate in. I can't wait to meet, connect, and pray for you this week!

14 comments

  1. Love this idea :) and totally respect the way you are focused on using your blog for Gods glory. That's so refreshing!!! Praying for you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it's a brilliant idea, right? Honestly, this is one of the best link-ups I've heard of and seen yet. You should link-up, too!

      And thanks, blogging for Him is soooooooo hard (extra emphasis on the extra o's) but it's something I know He's called me to do and I know it's the right thing to do, too. Thanks for the prayers! They're much appreciated.

      Delete
  2. Kiki, I am SO glad that you joined us!! No inviting yourself needed because ALL are invited! I love your praises. Meeting new blog friends is absolutely one of my favorite hobbies :), and those preschoolers sound adorable! I'm sure you are such a light in their lives!

    I love your prayer requests, too! I am constantly praying that my blog be for His glory instead of my own, and I would love to pray that over yours as well! And direction in life, well that's definitely another thing I relate to! I'll be praying for some guidance to come your way!

    Love your heart pretty lady! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad that you created this, girl! And meeting new bloggers is definitely a great hobby. And one that I've been so thankful for this year!

      And yes, those preschoolers are adorable. They're pretty much what I look forward to throughout my week. And even though I'm super excited about graduating, I'm a little sad about not seeing them on a weekly basis anymore.

      And thanks for the prayers! It is such a good feeling knowing that others are willing to pray for me! :) And I love that we have that after-college transition thing in common. I love it when I find people in the same or very similar situations as me!

      And I love YOUR heart too! I am so grateful to have you as such an amazing support system. :)

      Delete
  3. what a great idea! this year I've learned a lot about the power of prayer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is a great idea! Prayer is definitely powerful--it's something that I'm continually learning, too! Thank you for reading my blog, it's such an honor to hear that from bloggers like you! :)

      Delete
  4. I will definitely keep you in my prayers as you head towards graduation. That is always a very exciting and anxious time for everyone, but God is faithful and always has a plan for us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks! It is definitely an exciting yet super crazy time for me. And yes, God's plans are amazing and He is always faithful and true. :)

      Delete
  5. Kiki! Thank you for joining us ! I can't believe this is the first that I am finding your blog! Blog friendship are for sure extremely unique and for me that have filled the gaps in my life that so desperately needed to be. It's something to be thankful for. That someone so many miles away can instantly become a blessing and a friend in your personal life. I will keep your requests in my prayers this week. Graduation is such a fun time!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't have said that any better! Blog friendships have definitely filled a once empty part of my life. Honestly, I don't think I could ever not blog because I'd miss everyone so much. :) So yes, blogging friendships are definitely something to be thankful for. I really do love how I've gotten to connect with so many lovely ladies (including you!) this past year.

      And yes, graduation time is fun and exciting. A little scary and sad, too. :)

      Heading over to your blog right now!

      Delete
  6. Praise the Lord for awesome blog friends! Seriously. I cherish you and all my other blog friends so so much!

    And I'll be praying for you lady! I feel the same way about using my blog to praise Him and bring others to see our amazing God but it can be hard sometimes when you lose sight of it a little in selfish human thoughts. I'll be praying that you always keep God in your gaze and thoughts when blogging :)

    So glad you did this link-up too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Blog friends are something I have been incredibly thankful for this past year. I definitely cherish our friendship, girl! Honestly, your emails and comments and blog posts make my day. I hope we can meet sometime in real life!

      And thanks for the prayers! Blogging for Him and using it to shine His light is so hard for me to do--even if it is the right thing to do. I'll be checking out your post so I can pray for you, too! :)

      Delete
  7. eeee i forgot about the link-up ...crap.
    Next week i'll be joining!
    Great praises & very honest prayer requests this week! <3 you girl and praying for you absolutely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I hope you do join in next week! :)

      And thank you for the prayers--they' SO appreciated!!

      Delete

© IN ITS TIMEMaira Gall