May 3, 2013

day three.

triangles

Like the image above says, today's prompt is to write about the things that make you uncomfortable. Otherwise known in my book as the things that make me blush, laugh nervously, and/or make my face cringe.

Or maybe this list should also be titled: conversation topics and situations to avoid if you actually meet me in real life: 

Heat. In the literal sense. I'm a Pacific Northwest girl, so anything over 75 degrees makes me uncomfortable. And a little wilt-y.

The future. More specifically, having people ask me about my future and my plans. It mostly makes me uncomfortable because at this point, I really don't know. I do know, however, that my future rests in Jesus' hands not mine.

Staring. My dad always told my sisters and me not to stare because it's impolite. And while I may stare every now and then (just being honest here), it makes me incredibly flustered when others stare at me. Even if it's from hundreds of feet away.

Hotel floors. This could probably apply to anything in a hotel room, but I would much rather wear shoes instead of going bare feet in a hotel. I guess you could say I'm a bit of a germaphobe. Or just super super clean. I'll let you decide.

Birds flying close to my head. It's sort of a fear, but I really hate it when birds fly over my head and have since elementary school. Oddly enough, I don't remember being traumatized by those flying friends.

On that lovely note, happy Friday, friends! I'll be back tomorrow to share my favorite quote with you. And you can pretty much guarantee that I'll be sharing more than one seeing as I have an ever-growing collection of favorite quotes and verses over here.


2 comments

  1. After a long week, it's so nice to come back to a familiar place on the internet and read fun posts like this. :) It's so funny, now that you mention it... I guess I just assume that hotels (floors and all) are clean. Because I definitely treat them as if they are my own home. I love kicking off my shoes, jumping on the beds, and taking the sample soaps back home with me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly, I'm sure they are pretty clean, I just have an odd phobia of them and have been for a few years now so I don't think there's any going back for me! But I'm with you on the sample soaps/lotions. Those I LOVE. :)

      Delete

© IN ITS TIMEMaira Gall