May 24, 2013

the top three.

three
another bad trait not listed is my need to have my camera in my hands at all times. i much prefer being behind the camera, thankyouverymuch.

Is this prompt supposed to help sell me as an unemployed college grad? I don't know. All I can think of while writing in response to this prompt is that I sure hope no one reads this or takes this too seriously.

But because I'm literally a week away from completing this challenge, I'm sticking with this prompt and sharing three of my worst traits. Now excuse me while I go hide under the covers as you read this.

I like to think. A lot. I'm not just an over-thinker (meaning I think a lot about petty situations), but I also spend a lot of time thinking. So if I don't say anything right away, it's not because I'm scared to, I'm just taking an extra moment (or two) to think about it all.

I lean all too often on fears and worries. Sometimes, my over-thinking leads to worrying and fearing. This is one trait, I'm definitely not proud of and am working on overcoming.

I'm pretty--okay I am--sensitive. It often really defines who I am, tearing up and crying with or for others, but it's also something I find myself leaning on too often. Crying and tearing up when others criticize my work--even if it's constructive and well-meant--and not remembering that I need not worry so much on what humans think, but rather what God thinks and how much He cares for me.

So yeah, you probably already knew all three of these traits but what I be you didn't know is that I was unintentional twins (as in seriously identical) with this lovely lady. And no, this was not planned. It just so happened that we have a lot in common!


10 comments

  1. Wait, are you sure you're not talking about me here?

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think so? But I think it's funny that we have so much in common (funny in a good way, of course!). And it's definitely comforting to know that I have these kinds of things in common with you, too. :)

      Hope you have a great weekend!

      Delete
  2. I can definitely relate to the overthinking and fears part. And I'm pretty sensitive, too, but I tend to internalize it!

    Thanks for sharing. And haha at the comments about the prompts in this challenge... :) I feel ya! Keep going strong -- almost there!

    --Erika
    http://www.chimerikal.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely internalize criticism, too. Sometimes it just ends up becoming external. :) And I love that we have so much in common! I really need to read more of your blog now, girl! :)

      And I love that we both have the same reactions to the prompts. This one definitely had me thinking what others would think and it brought me back to high school days when we had to practice interviews (this was one of the interview questions).

      And you, too! We're almost there!

      Hope you have a great weekend!

      Delete
  3. loved reading these! I often care too much of what others think of me as well, yet I need to remember to only care what God thinks of me only. I can relate to pretty much all of these, girl! I wish I didn't allow myself to become fearful so often.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen! I definitely struggle with being a people pleaser and trying to be someone that others will like--but you're right, it's all about God. So glad we've met and can support and encourage one another (and discover so many similarities, too!). :)

      Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

      Delete
  4. Oh I can so relate to all of those...so thankful for grace!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen! It's when I write posts like these that I'm overwhelmed by His grace and His perfection that covers all of my imperfections. :)

      Delete
  5. I'm with ya girl! The queen of overthinking for sure. AND I'm sensitive. I think that's natural as women, but I take it up a degree. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad we can be queens of overthinking together! :) And so true! I never really think of it like that because I'm kinda the most sensitive out of girls in my family. But I like that and will likely use that in my defense next time. :)

      Delete

© IN ITS TIMEMaira Gall