July 26, 2013

BITS & PIECES.

watermelon

Happy Friday, friends! This week was exhausting, exciting, and sticky, to say the least. My church's VBS was this week and I was in charge of snack for 40+ preschoolers. It was exciting to see so many kids at my church learning about Jesus, sticky because I had to cut two watermelons (I felt like I was dripping in watermelon juice!), and exhausting. Let's just say this girl over here slept like a log this week. How was your week?

And because this is called bits & pieces, here are a few bits and pieces from my week:

You have to watch this. It's sooo funny and yet another reason why I love kids (and Clara!).

15 ideas to make your like saner. I never would have thought of some of these tips!

Pompom pushpins!

I found a few t-shirts in the back of my closet. It was like a treasure chest of sorts. Sure, they're a few years old, but it was kind of a nice surprise to find them there and wear them.

Yummy waffles.

God speaks through blog posts--this post is no exception.

Have you heard of the chapstick trick while taking self-portraits? I love it and just might have to try it out someday soon...

I realized after publishing this post that I'm not alone in reminding myself that His dreams are what's best. Before hitting publish, I worried that no one would understand. So I'm grateful for each and every one of you who reminded me that I'm not alone.

Angela posted this great video for all of the Full House friends I have out there.

Love this table setting + girl's dinner idea--because you're never too old to color with crayons.

I like all of the details in this wedding. A lot.

I've hardly touched my camera this month and hate it. It's been way too long, my little Canon. Way too long.

Could grocery lists be displayed any cuter? And yes, I did just type grocery lists.

This etsy shop has the cutest felt flower chandeliers!

How fun are these party headbands?

And 25 DIY projects to tackle before your next trip.

Have a great one!

p.s. Did you guys hear how Passionfruit is changing things up such that you'll have to pay for their services in September?  Yeah, I'm a little unsure as to what this means for my swapping system. Got any recommendations?

16 comments

  1. +the 15 ways to make your life saner...loved it {more importantly, LOVED the picture in that post, that bathroom *swoon*}
    + i do something similar to the chap stick trick a lot, i always have to line up where i'll be so i'm not out of focus! {ps do you have a flickr?!}
    +that wedding = love!!! The details and coloring, so beautiful!

    Great list

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am with you--that bathroom was so pretty! I loved all of the styling details they added into it.

      And I actually did the chapstick trick (but with a little pretend fish), too! I had no idea other people did that. For some reason, it makes me feel a little bit like a cooler photographer now. :)

      I do have a flickr account! I only really use it to upload photos, though.

      YES! That wedding was amazing. :)

      Delete
  2. I now have exactly the same problem. I wanted to start using passionfruit aswell, but now... I am not sure what to do

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Someone told me about a site called Adproval in the comments, but I don't know anything about it! :)

      Delete
  3. I, also, this week found shirts in my closet that I had forgotten about and hadn't worn in forever! I had people asking me if I went shopping even though I hadn't. Pretty fun.

    Also, I heard about Adproval via another blogger. Check it out!

    Ellie
    www.ChoosingPeaceBlog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so funny! I love that we both discovered shirts in our closets this week. We're blog twins! :)

      Thanks for the tip about Adproval! I'll go check it out right now.

      Delete
  4. We have the same problem, we are currently using passionfruit as well. Now we have to figure something else out. When you do, let me know :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here! While I understand that they probably need more money to support everything, it really does make me sad that they're making people pay come September. Another blogger told me about Adproval, so maybe check that out? I haven't heard of it and have yet to research it myself, but it might be something worth researching! :)

      Delete
  5. goodness, gracious, Kiki... My mind is being blown by all these fantastic links!!
    I love the chapstick trick. It may be a reason to do a selfie soon, hehe
    I heart Jesse and the Rippers. Heart. Is. Melting
    That grocery list is adorns
    I'll have to do a few of those travel DIYs before my europe trip next month!

    This was fuN!

    Elena

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mind was blown by all of these links, too! I've tried something similar to the chapstick trick and I love that it's an actual trick that other photographers use. :)

      And my heart melted, too. It brought back so many childhood memories of watching Full House with the family.

      And a trip to Europe? How fun! Where are you headed?

      Delete
    2. I am going to London (with a day trip to Bath, home of Jane Austen for a period of her life!!), Paris (with a day trip to Giverny to see the home/gardens of my favorite artist, Claude Monet!!), and Cote d'Azur (the SE coast of France, where I'll see Nice, Monte Carlo, and two adorable villages: Eze and St. Paul de Vence ... you gotta pinterest these two. I was smitten and decided i HAD to add them to the itinerary after seeing pics!)

      Delete
    3. Wow, that sounds like such a fun + beautiful trip! I just looked up Eze and St. Paul de Vence and they're stunning! I'm definitely not a big city kind of girl so I love the idea of small (and stunning!) little villages. I have dreams of traveling someday and I hope I get to see your photos when you get back!

      Delete
  6. you're so sweet to put me on this list. seriously.

    also. yes to full house. and lists! ah! i have cute printable for everything. my husband might take the printer away from me soon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Um, why wouldn't I? Seriously, your posts ALWAYS speak right to my soul. I can't help but share them! :)

      Yep, that Full House was definitely amazing + brought back so many memories.

      And I have to laugh at the printable thing--I'm the same way (except I like to print lots of stuff when the rest of my family isn't home so they don't know I'm the ink thief and use up all the ink when I'm printing photos). :)

      Delete
  7. Thanks for the shout out girl! I am soooo behind on my blogs and am just now seeing it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! And no worries, getting behind on blog reading happens all too easily for me. :)

      Delete

© IN ITS TIMEMaira Gall