October 10, 2013

THE REAL DEAL.

oldphotosAn old photo that in no way captures the excitement and happiness I have right now. Big sisters are the best, right?

Yesterday, Elizabeth and I shared our Two Truths and a Lie and mentioned that we'd be sharing the real truths today. Soooo....which one do you think was the lie?

Was it my dyed hair?

Or my lack of movie theater attendance?

Or maybe having ten kids (or being voted as most likely to have ten kids)?

I feel like there should be some curtain that gets pulled or some drumroll or something because I obviously am lacking at creating suspense.

But without further adieu, here is the real lie:

#3 Being voted most likely to have ten kids in fifth grade. 

Nope, that didn't happen. Not at all.

So I'm sure you all want some back stories on the truths. Well, if you guessed the hair dyeing adventures, you're sorta correct (I know, I know, I cheated). You see, one summer during my freshman or sophomore year of high school my sister and I thought it would be fun to try the old dye your hair with Kool-Aid thing. It's a real thing, in case you're wondering. Unfortunately, I have really dark (and thick) hair, so it didn't work one bit. We tried a few packages of the Dark Cherry flavor and let's just say I was left with one sticky, sweet-smelling mess. In the middle of summer so it was super, super sticky. Let's just call that one a Pinterest fail.

And for all the movie theater lovers, yep, that one is also true. The last time I went to a movie theater was back in 2006 when my family and I went and saw the Nativity Story together. I'm not a real movie theater goer (insert a mega womp, womp here) and much prefer movie nights in than movie nights out.

Yep, so now you know a little more about me. You know that I had sticky Kool-Aid hair (that lasted a total 24 hours, tops) and haven't been to the movie theater in ages.

Did I stump you all? I still haven't had a chance to visit all of your blogs yet, but I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you a little better this week!

22 comments

  1. haha... the hair dying story is great. :) When I was 21 I dyed my hair blue. It was fun.

    I'd rather watch movies in the comfort of my home too. I mean... it's nice to be able to pause the movie if I need to go to the bathroom!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blue? That's sounds awesome and yet I don't know if I believe it! :) My hair dyeing story wasn't really real hair dye, but it was definitely a memorable experience.

      And I so agree with the movie thing, being able to get up and get my own snacks and go to the bathroom on my own time is so much better than having to buy expensive popcorn and sit behind people talking. :)

      Delete
  2. I'm with you - totally prefer movie nights in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you agree! Movie nights in are way better in my book. :)

      Delete
  3. You got me!!! I thought for sure that one was the truth!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, it was a half-truth since it wasn't real hair dye so I give you partial credit! :)

      Delete
  4. Oh my no movies since 2006! I think I'd faint haha! Just kidding I can totally appreciate movie night at home. Oh and I totally tried dying my hair that way! Why did I let me friends talk me into it? I'll never know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yeah no movie theaters for me. I'm definitely more of the movie night at home. I like being able to hit pause, being able to watch movies in my pajamas, and being able to get up and walk around, too. :) But if there's a really good movie that I just can't wait until it comes out on DVD, then I would definitely consider going to a theater!

      And I love that we both have the Kool-Aid hair dye experience in common! Did it work for you? My sister was the one who talked me into it--let's just say it was a definite Pinterest fail of sorts. :)

      Delete
  5. i really thought the 10 kids one was true. And the hair one was a lie.
    I am with you, i do like movies in. But i also like to go to the movie theater sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I decided to make that one the lie because I figured being the teacher/family girl that I am, people would think it was the lie. :) And I give you partial credit for the hair one because it wasn't real hair dye!

      Delete
    2. you really got me. That story is funny, i never heard of dying your hair with kool aid before.

      Delete
    3. ps. that's still me. i just accidentally commented on my other account.

      Delete
  6. i knew the movie theater one was true i just didn't want it to be!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I guess I didn't stump you! It's not that I'm totally against movie theaters, I just much prefer watching movies in my pajamas and bringing my own snacks (without feeling like a criminal) over going to movie theaters. :)

      Delete
  7. The thing about not going to see movies at the theaters is that you save a lot of money.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, that is so true! That's part of the reason why I'm not a huge movie theater fan. :)

      Delete
  8. I still need to write my post! That is so fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm excited to read it! I am terrible at choosing the lie (especially since I'm so indecisive!), but I can't wait to read your post and get to know you a little better. :)

      Delete
  9. It's hard to guess the truths and lies about bloggers! It's easier once you know someone very well, I feel like. I know a lot of people who have done the Kool-aid dye thing--and on blondes, it can stay in till you cut your hair off so maybe it's a good thing it didn't work so well for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am with you on that! The more link-ups I read, the more I realized just how hard it was--especially since I'm so indecisive!

      And wow, I never would have thought about that happening to people with light hair! That's crazy and I guess it really is a good think it didn't work for me! :)

      Delete
  10. I would have guess the lie was the red hair, my bad! I've never tried a cool-aid hair dye before, but right now I'm contemplating a really hair dye job soon. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, no worries! It was kind of a partial truth, seeing as it wasn't real hair dye. :)

      And ooh, that's exciting! What color are you thinking about? :)

      Delete

© IN ITS TIMEMaira Gall